I don't understand advantage 2x thin

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by greg, Dec 1, 2006.

1. greg

greg Guest

hello, :D
    Sorry for my english but i am a french :cry:

I read a lot of topic on the forums, I tested 2x thin client server + 2x published applications. I have to find very good. But I believed that the licences CAL did not have to be bought. Blow, this solution more expensive than that of Microsoft? I is necessary to buy the licences 2x thin server, 2x published application and licence CAL microsoft???

I hope to be mistaken, however yes explain me.

2. SWhite1

SWhite1 Member

CAL is required if using a MS Windows based Server

The Thin Client Server is used to allow client workstations to download the OS and then run applications residing on an Application Server. This allows you to use inexpensive hardware and does not require a hard drive in the client.

If the Application Server is running a Windows operating system then you will have to purchase a CAL from Microsoft but if the Application Server is running Linux then you do not need a CAL.

Simon

3. greg

greg Guest

So, It is necessary also used linux applications.So, if it is for a Windows environment, it advantageous did not use a 2x thin, it is well this?
    Thank you for this answer. Damage, I liked 2x thin but the money carries out the play!!! @ +