Bad move on my part. I inadvertently had followed a Parallels 2 or 3 post, wanting to share Parallels 6 (and Windows 7) with my wife's User account on our iMac.
I moved the VM folder from my Parallels (under my User account) to a 'Users \ Shared \ Parallels' folder.
Next thing I know, all Parallels folders (both mine and Shared) are empty.
Same thing in Time Machine - no files or sub-folders in Parallels folder.
I had little to no access to Parallels now, let alone Windows 7.
Re-installed both programs (setting up a new VM in Parallels).
Named new VM 'Windows 7 1' (old 'Windows 7' was still listed, but unavailable for use - "missing files or virtual machine missing or deleted")
Also, no ".pvm" or ".hdd" files could be found under Spotlight on the Mac or in Time Machine (?!!?). Thus, the reinstall.
Once I knew Windows 7 1 was seeming to boot up, I 'Removed' the original Windows 7 VM.
Now however, all of my Windows apps (Quicken 2011 and others) don't show up in the new VM. If I double click them by finding them in 'Finder', I get the error message that they belong to another Virtual Machine that is missing.
Tried to start Transporter Agent (Windows) along with Transporter app for Mac, but Agent wouldn't accept my user ID or password (or any combination I could think of).
Sorry for the long post, and I think I'm basically facing a matter of re-installing any of my Windows programs I want to use.
Maybe my basic question is - - how much disk space am I wasting with old VM data and files that don't work residing on my hard drive?
Or better yet, is there an 'easy' fix to this broken VM issue of mine?
I'm confused to say the least - - thanks for any responses
I moved the VM folder from my Parallels (under my User account) to a 'Users \ Shared \ Parallels' folder.
Next thing I know, all Parallels folders (both mine and Shared) are empty.
Same thing in Time Machine - no files or sub-folders in Parallels folder.
I had little to no access to Parallels now, let alone Windows 7.
Re-installed both programs (setting up a new VM in Parallels).
Named new VM 'Windows 7 1' (old 'Windows 7' was still listed, but unavailable for use - "missing files or virtual machine missing or deleted")
Also, no ".pvm" or ".hdd" files could be found under Spotlight on the Mac or in Time Machine (?!!?). Thus, the reinstall.
Once I knew Windows 7 1 was seeming to boot up, I 'Removed' the original Windows 7 VM.
Now however, all of my Windows apps (Quicken 2011 and others) don't show up in the new VM. If I double click them by finding them in 'Finder', I get the error message that they belong to another Virtual Machine that is missing.
Tried to start Transporter Agent (Windows) along with Transporter app for Mac, but Agent wouldn't accept my user ID or password (or any combination I could think of).
Sorry for the long post, and I think I'm basically facing a matter of re-installing any of my Windows programs I want to use.
Maybe my basic question is - - how much disk space am I wasting with old VM data and files that don't work residing on my hard drive?
Or better yet, is there an 'easy' fix to this broken VM issue of mine?
I'm confused to say the least - - thanks for any responses