I think it's time to go

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by enkaytee, Sep 15, 2015.

1. enkaytee

enkaytee Junior Member

Dear Parallels
    As you've made the decision to downgrade your software - yes, that's exactly what you've done, so please don't try to tell me I need to pay for the annual subscription to restore key features that I had full access to in previous versions. I don't need the full feature set of the Pro version - just the ability to choose the amount of vRAM and vCPUs in my VMs. I had this in previous versions, and have gladly paid for each new update for many years, but now I think it's time to look at Fusion again.
    I know you're reporting these issues to your marketing and management teams and maybe the loss of one loyal customer won't matter to them, but perhaps they'll take notice when hundreds (and possibly more) do the same...

2. enkaytee

enkaytee Junior Member

Apologies - probably the wrong area of the forum - reposted in general questions so feel free to delete this one

3. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

Not just one, I am another who has left and has made the complete change over
    to the VMWare Fusion product and am so far quite satisfied with the operation
    of my 2 Win10 VMs. I purchased the base product which has many of the
    features that Parallels wiped out in the new "money grubbing scheme".
    It also is licensed to install on up to 3 machines (not just 1 like Parallels).

FWIW, I sent a rather detailed letter to the management feedback link
    detailing why I was dissatisfied and giving up on Parallels several weeks ago.
    All I got in response was that the message was forwarded, i.e. management
    could care less!!!!!!

4. ph4wks

ph4wks Junior Member

5. enkaytee

enkaytee Junior Member

Yes - I'm referring to the fact that the non-Pro version of the new release (which doesn't require an annual subscription) now has a cap on the amount of RAM or CPUs you can allocate to a virtual device, which the previous version didn't have.

6. ph4wks

ph4wks Junior Member

Ok this makes more sense now. So its not that you can't set it at all. Its that its capped.

Thanks for clarifying.