I upgraded to Leopard and now my Parallels wants me to spend more money?

Does anyone know why I now get a message that says, "This copy of Parallels Desktop is currently not active. You need to activate it to be able to start a virtual machine." Does parallels expect me to pay for this again?

What is going on... I can't find a patch or anything.

Please help.

Thanks!
 
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried entering in the only license key I have, which is the "serial number" that is on the back of the packet that came with the CD when I bought it originally. That serial number does not work... what "key" are you talking about?

Thanks!
 
Let me be more clear here... I bought a copy of Parallels in early 2007... I used it until I got Leopard. I installed Leopard and now it does not work. I was told, as per this site, to download some "dmg" or "dng" or some kind of file...

Now it doesn't work -- it wants me to "Buy" something... I already bought it once.

What is going on?
 
Stefani,

If you purchased version 2.5 of Parallels from the store (you said a package), then yes, in order to work with Leopard, you will need version 3.0, which requires a $49.99 upgrade fee. It is a substantial release, and worth the upgrade money. We all shelled it out.

Sorry for the bad news.

- cchdirit
 
Stefani,

However if you want to stick with your version 2.5, there should be an upgrade available around which will provide with better compatibility with leopard.

You could try installing what came in your box, provide your licence key and then do a check for updates from the parallel menu.

If you can re-install the one which came with your package and tell us the build number available in the About Parallel Desktop menu item, I can probably track down the version you need.
 
Hello all,

The fully Leopard-compatible update for Parallels Desktop 2.5 is available.

STEFANI WEIDENER, could you please send me your Activation Key number by Private Message for we could check it?

Best regards,
Xenos
 
Back
Top