IBM SPSS datafile icon .sav

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelA35, Mar 15, 2020.

1. MichaelA35

MichaelA35 Bit poster

Dear parallels user,

I came to a dead-end with the standard support in a question regarding a wrong icon in Mac OS environment. I use IBM SPSS statistical software. This program has own icons for data-files. From the time of installation of parallels the standard icon changed to something that is a "Parallels VM state image". The standard extension of the IBM SPSS data-files is .sav. I looked up the extension for Parallels VM state image. It is .vmsav. I tried to rebuild the launchservice, to change the UTIs but nothing works out. I still have the wrong icon for the .sav-files. I have no problems with starting the .sav-files with IBM SPSS, but would like to have the normal icons. Do you have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Hi, do you have the same issue with other files. MS Office files for example?

3. MichaelA35

MichaelA35 Bit poster

Hello Maria!

no, the .sav-extension is the only problem.

4. Honestly, I think, that this is some special setting of this app. We don't use any special extension for file that has been saved or moved to VM.
    Looks like that IBM SPSS just mention you that file has been saved or located on the VM side.
    Could you please ask IBM developers about that?
    If the reason were on our side, then other file extensions would also be changed, that is why I asked you to contact IBM Developer team.
    If it's possible, please contact them and provide us with any results you get.

5. SpencerH3

SpencerH3 Bit poster

I too am having this problem. Has there been a solution?

6. Hi, did you check it with the IBM developers as suggested above?