iMac 27' 5k crashes after sleep, please help!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Marek1, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Marek1

Marek1 Bit poster

Dear All,

I have
    -iMac Late 2014, 5k, i QC 3.5 with 24Gb RAM,1TB fusion drive and 2Gb Radeon.
    -Latest version of Parallels 11 with Windows 10 running

My problem is then iMac goes to sleep with VM running it can't wake up, it simply crashes with grey screen. Only way to wake it up is full restart with pressing POWER button for >4sec.
    Any advices are welcome since this problem is very much annoying!

BR//Marek

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Marek, please try this solution.

3. Marek1

Marek1 Bit poster

Dear Dhruba,

thanks for the tip, I have tried it and it doesn't resolved the problem.

However, I've made some tests I see that my MAC is crushing only then it being left with VM running. I have reduced number of cores used by VM from 3 to 2 and RAM split is 50/50 (both systems get the same amount of RAM) but still after waking up from sleep I get grey-scale screen and after some attempts system just freezes.

Hope somebody can advice or help on this topic.

Cheers,
    Marek

4. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Marek,
    Please email us the Problem Report ID as per kb.parallels.com/9058 with the issue description to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can assist you accordingly.

5. LucaL1

LucaL1 Bit poster

Did you solve this issue?
    I have it since i have bought Parallels 11 for my iMac 27 late 2013. If i forgot to close the VM and the iMac goes in hibernation the day after i'm forced to reboot with the power button.
    Some time ago i have contacted support and they told me to uninstall parallels, repair permissions e reinstall parallels but it seems that it didn't work

6. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hey LucaL1, Please check if your Mac OS X is updated (Click on Apple Logo > Software Update)
    If yes, move the Windows PVM file to a different location on Mac and check how it goes.