Hi,
A relative newbie here in both the fields of Mac OS & Parallels, so please go easy on me. However, I am 'sort of' a confident computer user and can generally navigate my way around most problems.
The problem I have is I am using AnyDVD in a virtual environment to remove the DRM from the DVD's I purchased so I can add them to my Apple Tv. AnyDVD only works in Windows and is something I purchased before I bought a Mac.
I have connected the DVD drive to the VM which works fine and AnyDVD does it's stuff. I then run Handbrake on the native Mac OS but when I try to navigate to the DVD drive in the Handbrake Finder it obviously doesn't exist.
I did manage to fluke the situation and somehow got the DVD drive to appear within Handbrake's finder and the program encoded fine, however, I was unable to repeat this achievement.
I know I can disconnect the drive from the VM and connect it back in to Mac OS, but this then defeats AnyDVD.
I also know I can install a windows version of Handbrake but both of these options seem flawed to me.
Snookered!
I know this will work as I have fluked it once, but I need some help in navigating my way to the DVD drive in Mac OS whilst it is still active on the Windows VM.
I am running Parallel 7 with Win 7 home edition installed. My computer is a brand new shiny iMac running the latest the Mac OS (Lion I am guessing).
Looking forward to the advice I will hopefully be offered.
Smithy.
A relative newbie here in both the fields of Mac OS & Parallels, so please go easy on me. However, I am 'sort of' a confident computer user and can generally navigate my way around most problems.
The problem I have is I am using AnyDVD in a virtual environment to remove the DRM from the DVD's I purchased so I can add them to my Apple Tv. AnyDVD only works in Windows and is something I purchased before I bought a Mac.
I have connected the DVD drive to the VM which works fine and AnyDVD does it's stuff. I then run Handbrake on the native Mac OS but when I try to navigate to the DVD drive in the Handbrake Finder it obviously doesn't exist.
I did manage to fluke the situation and somehow got the DVD drive to appear within Handbrake's finder and the program encoded fine, however, I was unable to repeat this achievement.
I know I can disconnect the drive from the VM and connect it back in to Mac OS, but this then defeats AnyDVD.
I also know I can install a windows version of Handbrake but both of these options seem flawed to me.
Snookered!
I know this will work as I have fluked it once, but I need some help in navigating my way to the DVD drive in Mac OS whilst it is still active on the Windows VM.
I am running Parallel 7 with Win 7 home edition installed. My computer is a brand new shiny iMac running the latest the Mac OS (Lion I am guessing).
Looking forward to the advice I will hopefully be offered.
Smithy.