IMAC - Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 Recently updated Parallels (FROZEN)

KennethK4

Bit poster
I have not been on my Parallels side on my IMAC in quite some time. I would guess 6+ months. I have a project I need to get started on asap for work using cad software and I am just not having any luck.

I opened windows via parallels and everything looked off and I could not adjust resolution, etc. So I updated everything I believe I had a total of 6 line items that needed to be addressed. Now when I open Windows it boots to the blue screen (see attached) but won't fully complete boot up. If I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen it then goes to think mode with the blue circle. If I click on the mouse it flickers as if it is trying to finish booting. I have tried restarting multiple times. Need help!

Thank you to all!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0592 copy.jpg
    IMG_0592 copy.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
I have not been on my Parallels side on my IMAC in quite some time. I would guess 6+ months. I have a project I need to get started on asap for work using cad software and I am just not having any luck.

I opened windows via parallels and everything looked off and I could not adjust resolution, etc. So I updated everything I believe I had a total of 6 line items that needed to be addressed. Now when I open Windows it boots to the blue screen (see attached) but won't fully complete boot up. If I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen it then goes to think mode with the blue circle. If I click on the mouse it flickers as if it is trying to finish booting. I have tried restarting multiple times. Need help!

Thank you to all!
Hi KennethK4. Please follow the steps from this article and check if it works.
 
I have not been on my Parallels side on my IMAC in quite some time. I would guess 6+ months. I have a project I need to get started on asap for work using cad software and I am just not having any luck.

I opened windows via parallels and everything looked off and I could not adjust resolution, etc. So I updated everything I believe I had a total of 6 line items that needed to be addressed. Now when I open Windows it boots to the blue screen (see attached) but won't fully complete boot up. If I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen it then goes to think mode with the blue circle. If I click on the mouse it flickers as if it is trying to finish booting. I have tried restarting multiple times. Need help!

Thank you to all!
Hi KennethK4. Here is the article: https://kb.parallels.com/123094
 
Back
Top