Image File corrupt and not enough space

Nigeldav

Bit poster
Please help......spent days trying to get this to work feeling very frustrated.
Have installed XP on Bootcamp successfully. Installed Parrallels 4 , went through New Virtual Machine > Custom.... , all seemed ok.

So I tried to update XP with SP2 update but it fails with insufficient space but I gave the VM 32GB expanding and the bootcamp is sitting on the same space. No data or apps are installed its all new ( including the iMac itself).

So I went to the config for the VM and looked at the hard disc, there are two buttons "bootcamp" and "image" , it says the latter is corrupt. I repeated this twice, deleting everything else without success.

Please help someone
 
Slight Correction for clarity

Ok just to be clear it actually says "Incorrect Configuration " for the image file, and just for more clarity my bootcamp space is also set to 32GB
 
Still got "Image File Incorrect Disc Configuration"

Having problems still. I have deleted and recreated my VM several times , each time when I check in VM Config under hard disc under Image File I get "Incorrect Disk Configuration " . What am I doing wrong

My XP SP3 is installed via BootCamp in a 32 GB partion.

XP seems to work but last time after starting install some software I ended with the VM crashing and the when I tried to reboot both in Parrellels and in Bootcamp I got "NTDLR is missing "

I could not get into recovery console within the VM as the keyboard would work to press "R"
Within bootcamp I could and tried the recommended fix ( copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\) and was told I did not have permission. So gave up and did a fresh install. Still got the problem when I check the VM Config with the Image file.

I am on the verge of giving up with this

Please help me somebody
 
Back
Top