Image tool unable to process the file

Michele Starr

Bit poster
When trying to increase disk space I get "Image tool is unable to process file. The specified hard disk image is either a read only file or in use by another application. Make sure you have permission to write to this file and it is not used by another program." I am running parallels on boot camp that has a 25GB partition and I have about 100 GB on the MAC partition. I am running OS 10.6 with parallels 3846.
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2009-10-06 at 7.05.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-10-06 at 7.05.06 PM.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
Hello,

You cannot increase a bootcamp partition from Parallels Image Tool as it is a physical hard disk on the computer.
You cannot increase a bootcamp partition instead you will have to delete it and then create a new one with larger size using bootcamp assistance.
 
Thanks

I have 23 GB free on the partition yet kept getting error messages that I did not have enough disk space so I wrongly assumed that somehow Parallels was allocating less. I checked the disk size from inside of windows and it is correct so the problems lies elsewhere. Thank for straightening me out
 
Back
Top