imported Transporter .hdd and .pvs. Now what to do?

Bill T

Bit poster
I created 2 files (.hdd and .pvs) using Parallels Transporter on my Source PC running WinXP. After they were created, I had been having difficulty importing them into my MacBook Pro using firewire and the Transporter software. I moved them to a shared file folder on the PC, then copied them over my wireless network to the Mac desktop where they sit idly. How can I use them to create the virtual machine using either Parallels 3.+ or Transporter, both of which are installed on the Mac?
 
Bill T

How do I accomplish that? Do you have a thread I could refer to, or a series of instructions in the user guide, because I could not figure it out. I have the Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac user manual. Thank you!
 
Hello,

please start Parallels Desktop. The OS Installation Assistant should start. If not, please in menubar click 'File' -> 'New', select 'Custom' installation. At the certain point choose 'Use an existing hard disk image' and specify the path to your .hdd.

Best regards,
Stacey
 
Back
Top