Wayne Morgan
Bit poster
installed Pd6 on Mac - all installed ok and it upgraded an Existin XP VM - that works well
PD6 then froze my mac while loading an existing Win7 Vm so had to hard Boot the mac -
since then i cannot load that VM.. so i thought I would try and create a new Vm -
the only Error in the parallels.log I can find is
HOST_IOCTL_VM_MAIN_REQUEST IOCTL_GET_SMBIOS SuCCESS(code 0, ffffffff) ... mainrequest failed with status ffffffff..
cannot seem to fix that VM
so to try and move on...
I then setup Win7 Pro as a bootcamp partition (in addition so i had a clean install of Win7) - all works well when booting to that partition
I then create a Bootcamp VM within parallels which also boots from the HD partition drive correctly and Runs
i installed the transporter to this VM and ran the transporter
i then wanted to create a new local VM based on that Bootcamp Install - so i imported and it located the network item - ran the import and when it gets to the 'completing configuration' process it tries to Boot the Vm and cannot saying that it cannot find the sata drive 1 with message "you need to login to window sto complete configuration of your virtual machine -
I have tried this process 3 time and cannot get past that point
the BC VM points to the actual hard Disk on my Mac - (hitachi ...)
the Imported VM points to SATA 0:1
2 problems -
How can i fix the corrupted Original Win7 partition
Why doesnt the Import from a bootcamp partiion then locate the VM drive that it installed it to !
Win macbook Pro - 4GB 2.66 dual core intel
Parallels 6
Win 7 Pro
PD6 then froze my mac while loading an existing Win7 Vm so had to hard Boot the mac -
since then i cannot load that VM.. so i thought I would try and create a new Vm -
the only Error in the parallels.log I can find is
HOST_IOCTL_VM_MAIN_REQUEST IOCTL_GET_SMBIOS SuCCESS(code 0, ffffffff) ... mainrequest failed with status ffffffff..
cannot seem to fix that VM
so to try and move on...
I then setup Win7 Pro as a bootcamp partition (in addition so i had a clean install of Win7) - all works well when booting to that partition
I then create a Bootcamp VM within parallels which also boots from the HD partition drive correctly and Runs
i installed the transporter to this VM and ran the transporter
i then wanted to create a new local VM based on that Bootcamp Install - so i imported and it located the network item - ran the import and when it gets to the 'completing configuration' process it tries to Boot the Vm and cannot saying that it cannot find the sata drive 1 with message "you need to login to window sto complete configuration of your virtual machine -
I have tried this process 3 time and cannot get past that point
the BC VM points to the actual hard Disk on my Mac - (hitachi ...)
the Imported VM points to SATA 0:1
2 problems -
How can i fix the corrupted Original Win7 partition
Why doesnt the Import from a bootcamp partiion then locate the VM drive that it installed it to !
Win macbook Pro - 4GB 2.66 dual core intel
Parallels 6
Win 7 Pro