Hi folks, I'm planning on getting an new Intel Mac and using the transfer option to upgrade from my G5 to get my identity on the new system. (What's that called anyway?) Here's the situation. I have Virtual PC and Windows XP on the current system. I don't want the virtual PC disk to transfer, or if it does, I want to delete it. I was told that if you install Parallels, it has an import option to allow you to transfer the old XP over. I assume you can do that with an ethernet connection to the old system?
Just need help in figuring out the steps...
I'm also wondering if there is any reason, pro or con, to upgrading to Vista on the Mac?
Is there any benefit to playing games in Windows? Like Call of Duty
And if I should use Vista for previewing web pages (I'm a web designer... http://www.PetersonSales.net), is Vista Home Premium the way to Go? I'm planning on using Parallels, because I hear it is better than VMWare, slightly, but perhaps I should only use Bootcamp?
Jeff
Just need help in figuring out the steps...
I'm also wondering if there is any reason, pro or con, to upgrading to Vista on the Mac?
Is there any benefit to playing games in Windows? Like Call of Duty
And if I should use Vista for previewing web pages (I'm a web designer... http://www.PetersonSales.net), is Vista Home Premium the way to Go? I'm planning on using Parallels, because I hear it is better than VMWare, slightly, but perhaps I should only use Bootcamp?
Jeff