P
Parallels User
Good Day. I am new to Parallels so I ask for a little mercy in your replies.
I installed Parallels on my Macbook pro 2018 running Mojave 10.14.1. I further installed Windows Pro 10. So far everything is working. I can open Parallels and run windows just fine.
Problems start in two parts.
Part One: I can get wifi just fine. All works great. When I connect my J5Create JCA374 multi-port adapter, I can't get to the network. Under MacOS I can see the adapter and it gets an IP from DHCP just fine. However, I don't know how to get Windows to see this connection. I thought it would be automatic. Further, if I have the adapter connected and I open Parallels, it won't execute windows. It just hangs at the Parallels Desktop. When I disconnect the adapter, I can proceed with windows.
Part Two: while in Windows, I don't have permission to write to the downloads folder; and some other folders as well. They are read-only. I stopped sharing the folders with MacOS to see if that solved the problem but I still can't write to my folders. For some reason, they are read-only. Is this because I am using a trial version? I want to see if this product is something that I can use and should pay for but if I can't do the simplest of things, I am beginning to doubt the purchase.
So far I am loving the ease of use and the easy method in which Windows and MacOS work together with this product. I just need to resolve these two issues and my decision to purchase will be done and sealed.
Any assistance and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
I installed Parallels on my Macbook pro 2018 running Mojave 10.14.1. I further installed Windows Pro 10. So far everything is working. I can open Parallels and run windows just fine.
Problems start in two parts.
Part One: I can get wifi just fine. All works great. When I connect my J5Create JCA374 multi-port adapter, I can't get to the network. Under MacOS I can see the adapter and it gets an IP from DHCP just fine. However, I don't know how to get Windows to see this connection. I thought it would be automatic. Further, if I have the adapter connected and I open Parallels, it won't execute windows. It just hangs at the Parallels Desktop. When I disconnect the adapter, I can proceed with windows.
Part Two: while in Windows, I don't have permission to write to the downloads folder; and some other folders as well. They are read-only. I stopped sharing the folders with MacOS to see if that solved the problem but I still can't write to my folders. For some reason, they are read-only. Is this because I am using a trial version? I want to see if this product is something that I can use and should pay for but if I can't do the simplest of things, I am beginning to doubt the purchase.
So far I am loving the ease of use and the easy method in which Windows and MacOS work together with this product. I just need to resolve these two issues and my decision to purchase will be done and sealed.
Any assistance and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!