[in progress] OpenGL 4 Support (list of app titles and their status inside)

I would like to run GIANTS Editor by Parallels. It needs OpenGL 4.5.
On Bootcamp it works fine, but Parallels still offers OpenGL 3.3...
 
Hi Dimitry, from version CYPE 2021.b (coming soon in about two weeks) and onwards several CYPE products should work now with Parallels but we have still several rendering artifacts that doesn't occur on native Windows neither NVIDIA nor AMD or Intel cards. CYPE products adhere to OpenGL Core Profile 3.3 strictly. We've found workarounds for problems with context initialization and ARB_COPY_BUFFER extension.

Please, contact with me if interested in improving support of CYPE products in Parallels.
Hi I have downloaded latest Dialux EVO with latest parallels desktop but dialux evo doesnt open. I am using imac the latest one as well with Big Sur. Any ideas how to make it work?
 
Amulet Editor.

Why is there no OPENGL support on Parallels? Why did i pay 40 euro's for this program when there are a lot of Windows applications that i'm not able to run on my computer? Please fix this issue!
 
Please add openGL support for

Sunlite Suite 3

Easy View 3D needs it. (in Sunlite -> Windows -> 3D)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @ChristianN4, do you have any issues with running DIALux evo 10 via Parallels Desktop? I just checked on my MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip and with Parallels Desktop 17.0.1, the software works fine in Windows 11 on ARM, I could open and successfully calculate a sample project.
Hello, I also have problem with Dialux Evo 10 in Parallels on Intel based machine with windows 10. It crushes during program start. I tried to reinstall Dialux as well.
 
Hello, I also have problem with Dialux Evo 10 in Parallels on Intel based machine with windows 10. It crushes during program start. I tried to reinstall Dialux as well.
Hi @DmitriG, got it! I checked DIALux evo 10 on Intel-based Windows 10, and indeed it crashed. Checking event viewer reveals that the crash is not related to OpenGL emulation, there's an exception in .Net runtime, so I suggest reporting it to DIALux Support (I think you can post at their forum as well: https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewforum.php?f=17):

Application: DIALux_x64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at <Module>.Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager.Render(Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CSceneManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderTarget*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CViewportSettings*)
at Dial.Dialux.Geometry.RedrawDispatcher.RedrawAction(Int32)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
 
Hi @DmitriG, got it! I checked DIALux evo 10 on Intel-based Windows 10, and indeed it crashed. Checking event viewer reveals that the crash is not related to OpenGL emulation, there's an exception in .Net runtime, so I suggest reporting it to DIALux Support (I think you can post at their forum as well: https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewforum.php?f=17):

Application: DIALux_x64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at <Module>.Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager.Render(Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CSceneManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderTarget*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CViewportSettings*)
at Dial.Dialux.Geometry.RedrawDispatcher.RedrawAction(Int32)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
Thank you!
 
Hi @ChristianN4, do you have any issues with running DIALux evo 10 via Parallels Desktop? I just checked on my MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip and with Parallels Desktop 17.0.1, the software works fine in Windows 11 on ARM, I could open and successfully calculate a sample project.

Hi Dmitry,
Using Parallels 17.0.1 and Windows 10 home N on Macbook Pro 16" (2019, Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB, intel i7 6-core 2,6ghz, big Sur).
After creating a new project, Dialux evo 10 crashes every time. For existing projects, it crashes when changing to 3d rendering/view.
Dialux evo 9.2 working fine for me.

______________________________________________
Anwendung: DIALux_x64.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException
bei <Module>.Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager.Render(Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CSceneManager*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CRenderTarget*, Dial.Dialux.Geometry.Scenegraph.CViewportSettings*)
bei Dial.Dialux.Geometry.RedrawDispatcher.RedrawAction(Int32)
_________________________________________________
 
Hi Parallels Support, the supported OpenGL 3.3 Version of Parallels is pretty Old. The actually OpenGL Version is > 4.5. The latest Q&A Section is from https://kb.parallels.com/115487 is from 2020 !!!! Means since them is nothing happent with the supported OpenGL Version? The most of Applications are using a grater Version of 4.0. When we can expect an Update for Paralles?
 
Back
Top