Inaccessible Boot Device installing Win. 10 Insider Preview 16215 I fixed it.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CEricH, Jun 11, 2017.

1. CEricH

CEricH Bit poster

Parallels tells me my software is up-to-date. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 which is Beta right now. I was able to do a windows 10 restore, which uninstalled parallels tools, and all my other applications, update to 16215, and then reinstall parallels tools, as well as my other applications. This worked on my x86, and 64bit VMs. It's a pain, and I'd appreciate an update, but I thought I'd pass a workaround along. :)

Attached Files:

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CEricH , thank you for sharing this with us. Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac is not officially supported for High Sierra 10.12.6 . We are currently working on it .

3. AdamTM

AdamTM Bit poster

Thanks for the info, it helped me get past the GSOD for this build as well, however i now don't seem to be able to get "Shared Profile" folders working in Windows. Do you use this feature, and if so have you had any issues?

4. CEricH

CEricH Bit poster

Hey Adam, My vm's are stand-alone, no DC, no AD. I can sure see how that'd add a layer of complexity. I'm logging in with my Microsoft account. Are you out there on the beta end with your macOS? I'd use the Microsoft reporting tools on this.