.INC Files

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by JohnM23, Jul 29, 2016.

1. JohnM23

JohnM23 Bit poster

Ive just installed windows 7 on a new mac. Ive previously installed this on mac laptops without this issue arising, so could do with some help.
    Our software runs in Access97 and put the mdb file as before into a directory on C: then send a shortcut to the desktop to run the program. Previously this worked just fine and opened up with one click. On this new installation, the process creates .ink file that it puts on the MAC desktop as well as the normal one on the windows desktop. I can't delete it from the MAC desktop as it deleted the one i need in Windows and also it requires me to "Trust" the unknown .ink file before opening up the mdb file in windows every time I open the program. Leaving it on the MAC desktop is a problem as it will inevitably get deleted from there as no one will know what it is and having to "trust" it everytime is just an inconvenience. Any ideas in what Ive selected in set up that is causing this. I run Windows 7 in a window on the mac desktop.

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi JohnM23,
    Please let us know if you are using Parallels Desktop or Parallels Access ? If you are using Parallels Desktop, try disabling the desktop sharing between Mac & Windows as below and let us know how it works :
    1. Open virtual machine window (Do not click Start).
    2. Open virtual machine configuration > switch to Options tab > Sharing.
    3. Shared Profile > Customize > uncheck " Desktop" .
    By disabling the desktop sharing, you will be able to place the file either on Mac desktop or Windows desktop.
    Thanks.