Insider Build 21390 Disables Internet Explorer 11 completely which is needed to run ActiveX controls

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Nosix, May 29, 2021.

1. Nosix

Nosix Member

Insider Build 21390 Disables Internet Explorer 11 completely which is needed to run ActiveX controls.

The IE11 install seems to be broken int his build and Only Edge is coming up on websites even though Internet explorer is selected as the default in settings

Im going to roll back to the previous build

Any workaround in 2190?

2. Nosix

Nosix Member

I have sent a report to Feedback hub
    Rolling back to the previous version didn't work to fix the problem, but IE still works on the previous builds 21337 and 21370 VMs i have saved.
    I have disabled updates on those VMs to prevent updating to 21390 as workaround

3. DominicP2

DominicP2 Bit poster

4. Nosix

Nosix Member

OK thanks for the info! i will am following the links to change the settings in Edge! Will let you know if get ActiveX!

5. Nosix

Nosix Member

Great! Using these settings in the above link was able to load the IE only site with ActiveX Control and it runs well.

I will have to figure out how to setup new shortcuts for my IE only sites!

6. Nosix

Nosix Member

Also checked to see if the Apple Silicon MAC version of Edge Browser has IE compatibility mode. If it did I wouldn't need Parallels!