In preparation for installing PD7 with Lion on an iMac, I'm reading through "Getting Started with Parallels Desktop 7." It explains that I can install Windows 7 from an installation disk (I have one) or I can use Windows that I already have installed on a Boot Camp partition" (I have Win7 on a Boot Camp partition). So I can do either one of these, or both. My question is, which is the best way? The installation manual explains how to do all the variations but it doesn't talk about why one might choose one method over the other. My Boot Camp partition is 60 GB, by the way.
So to sum up, I can use my Boot Camp Win7, or I can install Win7 again in Parallels, or I could even do both. I would appreciate some advice before I plunge ahead.
Sort of a side note, I had the idea that Parallels had to have Boot Camp to run, but now I get the impression it doesn't. I used to use Parallels 6 a couple of years ago and it seems to me that I had to install Boot Camp. But that was a long time ago.
Thanks, all
Pattie
So to sum up, I can use my Boot Camp Win7, or I can install Win7 again in Parallels, or I could even do both. I would appreciate some advice before I plunge ahead.
Sort of a side note, I had the idea that Parallels had to have Boot Camp to run, but now I get the impression it doesn't. I used to use Parallels 6 a couple of years ago and it seems to me that I had to install Boot Camp. But that was a long time ago.
Thanks, all
Pattie