Install Parallel Desktop on Windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by maraju, Sep 18, 2010.

1. maraju

maraju Bit poster

Today i tried to setup parallel for windows on my new Windows 7 64 bit system.
    The specs around the system are: win7 home premium 64 bit, core i5 650, 8 gb RAM, 800 GB Raid 5, dual LAN.

After installation everything seems to be allright and the vm with xpp sp3 works.

Than i wanted to replace the system into the serverroom and turned it off. When i tried to start again, there was a bluescreen error witch can't be solved. I had to go back to a system restore point before parallels to solve the problem.

After that the system seem to be allright again.

When I tried to setup parallels again, directly the same bluescreen apears. I don't know whats happend, but i could'nt setup it right to work with it after reboot.

The message in the bluescreen:

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Technical information:
    *** Stop: 0x00000001 (....)

That there is no support for setting up the products from Parallels with out paying for servicetickets is really mad!!

At the moment i want to try the product before i buy the product. But i can't because it hang up...

If some one can help me it would be great! I need the VM beause i have a software witch does not support Win7 64bit and i have to have USB support.

Regards

Rainer