"Install Parallels Tools" ---> nothing happens

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Stokestack, Jun 21, 2007.

1. scriptThis

scriptThis Bit poster

Parallel Tools Virtual Drive Won't Go Away

I've installed the tools, restarted Parallels, shutdown, started, installed over and over again. I cannot eject this virtual drive and everytime i start parallels, it runs the set up again. Aside from turning of autorun functionality, any ideas on how to make this stop?

2. Anna Stern

Anna Stern Bit poster

I'm having the same problem - I am not technical enough to be sure that I'm correctly trying each (and all) of the options listed to get Tools 2.5 to install on XP. I'm not sure what this means for file sharing, which isn't the reason I got into all this - but it may mean that I need to return my new Sony eBook reader because the conflict between Parallels 3214 and the latest OSX build prevented me from loading it. I have now spent 6 hours on various upgrades and fixes and am ready to throw in the towel. Come on Parallels staff, give us a straightforward solution for situations when tools won't install from the Actions menu!

3. Anna Stern

Anna Stern Bit poster

Via Explore I have the original Parallel Tools in Programs - the one I installed from the CD when I bought it, NOT the upgrade to 2.5 which I downloaded today. There is NO D drive showing and no executable. So, after re-reading this thread, none of these solutions apply. Suggestions?

4. Anna Stern

Anna Stern Bit poster

I got it to work! I shut down/re-opened Windows/Parallels several times, without doing anything. I then tried Actions/Parallel tools. After refusing the New Hardware wizard I got a PrlTools.exe - No Disk "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk..." message, which made no sense - and, because I was busy doing something else, the install wizard came up and it executed perfectly. More importantly, I just connected my Sony eReader and Windows is seeing it! YEA!!!!