Install Plain version of Windows

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by CoeurjoliM, Aug 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CoeurjoliM

CoeurjoliM Bit poster

Hello,
    I am trying out parallels and would like to switch over from VMware Fusion. The issue I am having is that when I install Windows on the Mac, all my files on the Mac get copied over. I dont want this. I want to install a plain version of Windows and copy only what I need. I primary use Mac for everything, but in some cases I need to run a program or something in Windows. So in this case I will install that application directly on Windows, but I dont want to mix the OS's together. Is there a way to do this? I have tried to install a new version of Windows and even migrated my Fusion VM over. In both cases the Mac files show up on my Windows VM.
    Any suggestions?

2. kat

kat Product Expert

to remove Mac files from your vm you need to configure your shared settings with your vm selected on the top right near the apple logo>select action>options>sharing make sure that shared profiles is not checked you want to isolate your Mac from windows.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 6.23.33 PM.png