Install windows 7 from an old pc on external hd

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BARRANDON, Oct 5, 2016.

1. BARRANDON

BARRANDON Bit poster

Hello
    I have a mac book pro 13'. My hard disk is almost full. I have already install parallels and a virtual machine with windows seven and it's working. However, i would like to recover entirely my old pc. I've done a recovery file with Parallels tools transporter on my old pc. However, when i follow instruction to set up a new visual machine on the mac with parallels, process is blocked when i want to choose external hard disk to settle new virtual machine. I have a message telling i'm not authorized to access the hard disk, and when i have a look on the details, it explains that bootcamp can't work on this hard disk (here is the exact message :
    Error: PRL_ERR_UNIMPLEMENTED (0x80000008)
    Path: '/Users/Marie/Documents/Parallels/Windows 7.pvm/TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 (disk3).hdd'
    Have got a solution to solve this message?
    Thank you very much
    Kind regards
    Marie

2. Hello BARRANDON, is that an imported BootCamp Windows?
    Please let us know the size of the Windows.pvm file and we will investigate further regarding the trouble.

3. BARRANDON

BARRANDON Bit poster

Thank you for your help. No, it is not an imported Bootcamp Windows. I just see that bootcamp had a problem when i go in "security" of parallels menu and choose my external hard disk. Size of my windows.pvm is 104 Go... That's why i can't put it on my internal hard disk which is almost full. I join a screen capture with size available on my hard disk and on my external one.

Attached Files:

4. BARRANDON

BARRANDON Bit poster

Please could you help me??? (see my previous message)

5. Did you try this KB? Please let us know if it's not that case.