Install Windows 7 Pro Upgrade without Vista on first

derek68

Member
Hi,

I am wanting to do a fresh Install of Windows 7 Pro (Upgrade) in Parallels Desktop 7 without installing Vista. I have my Vista dvd and license # etc....I just don't want the residual clutter left by Vista when installing it and then upgrading.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
d.
 
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have already tried it and instead of Windows 7 prompting for the license # from the qualified previous product (Vista) it just says it can't proceed and you have to have Vista installed.

Just wondering if there is another way around this?

Thanks,
Derek
 
Why do so many of these threads "end" with no responses from the Company?

I found the one reply condescending and the time from the last post to now is many months and instead of support for others, the thread may as well be deleted as useless being left unanswered.

I happen to have the same issue on a brand new install and remain stumped instead of supported and that simply adds to the angst and frustrations.
 
Unfortunately this is not a parallels issue, this is a Microsoft issue. When using a upgrade of any Microsoft os the upgrade looks for the prior os and it's activation key.
 
Using the upgrade Windows 8 with no previous version of Windows installed will not work - this is Microsoft licensing policy. It won't work on a real PC as well.
 
Back
Top