Installation failure - Check your network connection and try again

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by StevenSc, Sep 11, 2019.

1. StevenSc

StevenSc Bit poster

I just activated my license for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac, but am unable to download my free copy of Parallels Toolbox for Mac. In Parallels Desktop Preferences (on the Mac), whenever I select Toolbox and click the Install button, this message appears: "Unable to download the Parallels Toolbox installation files. Please check your network connection and try again." I'm online. Is there a temporary problem with your server or have the files been moved?

2. StevenSc

StevenSc Bit poster

*Problem solved*
    I manually downloaded the current version (3.5) from https://my.parallels.com/downloads?product=toolbox, but Parallels says that it would require the purchase of a key for it (even though Toolbox is free with Parallels Desktop). So I downloaded the older version (2.0.4) from the same web page and it accepted my Parallels 13 key. Unfortunately, the utility that looked most useful to me (a Mac Uninstaller) isn't included with Parallels Toolbox 2.0.4. Ah, well.

3. StevenSc

StevenSc Bit poster

It's odd that Parallels Toolbox for Windows version 3.6 installed, was activated with that license key, and works fine, though.