Installation failure of Mastering QuickBooks 2011

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by PhoebeH, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PhoebeH

PhoebeH Bit poster

I have been trying to install a Mastering QuickBooks 2011 DVD on the Parallels Windows 7 part of my mac.
    I called their tech support but they weren't able to help, said it was due to the installation unable to find the disk on the mac desktop.
    I tried copying it to the Windows desktop. I also tried clicking on the Devices on the Parallels toolbar and selecting the CD directly from that. I got the icon on the Windows desktop, but when I attempt installation, I get the same error.
    It is automatically trying to install it at C:\Program Files\RealWorldTraining\Mastering QuickBooks 2011
    The installation starts but suddenly a box pops up that says "Error reading from file C:\PROGRA~3\{5C58B~1\OFFLINE\5AC66FD2\D1A7C55E\cancel_btn_en_down.png Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." The only option it gives is to press the Abort button. The the installation wizard box says "Fatal error during installation. Please check your settings and try again."
    What am I doing? Or what am I not doing??

2. uogecko

uogecko Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. Were you able to resolve this?

3. PhoebeH

PhoebeH Bit poster

No, this is not resolved.
    I had a phone session with parallels on this, tried everything they could think of. Nothing worked.
    I got QB to email me a new setup file, at the parallels service person's suggestion. But was told I was on my own with that. I'm not sure what to do with it anyway. So I haven't done anything.
    QB gave me a work-around using Flask Player, which allows me to view the QB video, but does not permit any "interactivity".

4. EmilyL

EmilyL Junior Member

You mean there will always be error when I install QB on my Win7 parallels part. How could they make such program that is not supported on some OS via parallel. This is not good.[​IMG]