installation issues...newbie needs help please

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LeeT6, May 6, 2020.

1. LeeT6

LeeT6 Bit poster

Hi, I've purchased the parallels this evening but I'm having much difficulty getting it started up. It seems like ir wont allow me to install windows? but perhaps you can take a look at it. Im not technically savvy, I've been at this for some hours now but its time to call in the calvary. Im lost. please help.

2. SchiavoneL

SchiavoneL Bit poster

Double-click the downloaded Parallels Desktop installation file with the . dmg extension to mount it to Finder. Then double-click the Install icon. Enter your Mac user account password to begin installation.

To configure Parallels Desktop do the following:
    Open Parallels Desktop and click Parallels Desktop > Preferences in the menu bar. Then click General and select the Start Parallels Desktop as a service option.

A typical installation process of Parallels Desktop will only take 5 minutes and if you have an iso image file of Windows 8 then Windows installation will not take more than 20-25 minutes

3. LeeT6

LeeT6 Bit poster

Hi and thanks for your feedback. I've done what you suggested, unfortunately I'm into I think my 4th hour now. Something isn't right. Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4. LeeT6

LeeT6 Bit poster

Approaching my 6th hour. Should I send it into the trash and start again? thanks

5. LeeT6

LeeT6 Bit poster

So, basically I sent the files to the trash and downloaded everything again. Looks like its worked. Possibly a corrupted file which is now resolved.