Installed on iMac Pro but can't...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by lizheng, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lizheng

lizheng Bit poster

I installed windows 10 by parallels on new iMac Pro.
    But win10 can't find the graphics card:Radeon Pro Vega 56
    So I can't play Civilization VI...:(

Attached Files:

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello lizheng. Please shut Windows down, open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Hardware -> CPU & Memory and allocate 2 processors (or just 1 if the total number of available processors is just 2) and 2 GB of memory for Windows [or just 1 GB if total Mac memory is only 2 GB (or) 4 GB if total Mac memory is 8 GB (or) half the available RAM amount if total Mac memory is > 8 GB]. Then, select 'Graphics' and allocate 1 GB of video memory for Windows. Finally, ensure that 'Vertical Synchronization' is enabled and 'DirectX 10' is selected for '3D Acceleration' under 'Advanced Settings' and close the window. This is the best that can be done for maximizing the chances of optimum performance of 3rd-party programs in Windows. As for the graphic card, please be informed that Parallels Desktop has no access to Mac's physical graphics cards. Instead, Parallels Display Adapter driver (which is part of Parallels Tools installation) interfaces with virtual hardware and provides 3D acceleration features. The actual acceleration is achieved by translating DirectX commands from guest OS to OpenGL API on macOS side.

RobertT6 likes this.
  3. RobertT6

RobertT6 Bit poster

I'm running a MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon pro 460 4gb. I NEED OPENGL in Windows 10 for Solidworks 2018! What can I do to get this working?

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello RobertT6, The following are the programs/games requiring OpenGL 3.0 which have started working with Parallels Desktop 13: (1) DIALux 6 evo (2) Northgard (game, Early Access since Feb 2017) (3) Unigine Heaven & Valley benchmark (4) OpenGL Extenstions Viewer (glviewer). Other programs which require OpenGL 3.0 and higher support do not work with Parallels Desktop yet (see http://bit.ly/1oU6nhp for details). Parallels engineering team can only develop support for such applications one by one. Please post your suggestion/vote for the program(s) you need at http://bit.ly/2toN39C

5. HaoyanZ

HaoyanZ Bit poster

I can't seem to have the "advanced setting" under Graphics at all. Please help

6. Hello, could you provide us with the detailed issue description please?
    What is your Parallels Desktop version?