Installing Dell Photo 966 for scanning

Murphy-Miami

Bit poster
I am running a MacBook with Parallels 3.0. I would like to scan pictures into .jpg files. I cannot seem to get the Dell Photo 966 connected and working. Is it possible to connect this? If so, what steps would I take. It has a USB connection. I tried installing the "new hardware" by inserting the disk that came with the Photo 966. I could print, but I could not scan.
 
I need information for possible submitting problem, so I meed as much information as possible.
Did you read user manual how to install software?
If, yes, please refer me to steps in manual you performed, I will be able to submit problem, I am not sure QA team has now this device, but at least we can get some information
 
I did follow the directions from the manual provided with the printer/scanner/fax. I opened parallels and started windows. I plugged in the usb cord. It asked me if I wanted to connect directly to Windows and I said yes. The new hardware was found and then it started the wizard. I inserted the disk when it asked and it performed the installation without any noted problems. At the end, it asked me to print a test page. I did that and it worked just fine. At that point, the installation wizard was finished and it opened the "Dell All In One" box. In there I selected the scan options for the output to be in a file, put the picture in the scanner and pressed scan now. I got an error saying it was not connected. Then it gave options to restart your computer, unplug and replug the USB cord, etc. I tried all those options and the result was no different. I did not try faxing, so don't know if that worked or not. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top