Installing Parallel Tools in 3.0 after downgrading from 4.0

kevinw

Hunter
I have gone backwards to PD 3.0 and was finishing with the install of PD Tools and go the message attached. Anybody know what this is and more important how to repair it?

It is very frustrating after having gone through a whole clusterfcuk tryingto upgrade to 4.0 only to have this happen.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 18
Try uninstalling Parallels Tools from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs. If it didn't help, check manually that registry key -- click Start -> Run, type regedit and hit Enter. Find SharedInternetApplications key via Edit -> Find, right-click it -> Modify set the value to Applications.
 
Not sure I got it.

First I have already tried to Add/Remove Programs.

Second for the SharedInternetApplications Key in the Registry this is the value in the Value Data field for "SharedInternetApplications:
"C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\SIA\sharedintapp.exe" /start"

And you want me to change what part of the above to "applications"????
 
Back
Top