Why not ? / Yes you can
Hi,
I have recently switched to the Mac and want to virtualize every OS, because I am fed up to reinstall everything when a machine is broken.
So I have installed OS X Mountain Lion into a virtual machine that will be my production machine for programming and whatever I will install on the Mac, then Windows 7, then I have migrated Windows XP from my production PC with the Transfer Agent. Yesterday I installed OpenSUSE 12.2 and I plan to migrate the OpenSUSE 10.2 partitions I have been using for several years on the PC.
Everything works, except installing the || Tools in Linux.
I can even tell you that inside Windows XP, which is now a VM on the Mac, I run Wmware Workstation 6, which holds a Windows 98 VM using physical partitions. The Parallels VM (.pvm file output from the transfer process) behaves as my physical PC, with boot manager partition, two XP NTFS primary partitions, and two Windows 98 FAT32 extended partitions (copied manually because they disappeared after the transfer).
Thus I have two legacy PCs (Win 98 + XP + Linux) and one laptop (Win 7) and OS X virtualized on the Mac !
HTH not to hesitate installing Linux.
Bernard