Installing Vista from whatever microsoft lets you download it as?

Steelbom

Member
Installing Windows Vista from whatever microsoft lets you download it as?

EDIT: I will clarify a little..

Hi, I'm going to purchase windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit, and install it into Parallels 4.0, I already have installed Windows XP, and will have XP and Vista (not upgrading XP to vista)

On Microsoft.com, (here http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Windows-Vista/compare/10198), when you click "Buy", you can either select "Ship it" or "Download it".. I'm in Australia, and don't want to wait for shipping, I also don't really want to / have time to go out and buy the disc (from a local retailer),

I am wondering, if I select download it, the format that it comes in, will Parallels 4.0 be able to install it?
I've noticed the option to install from my DVD drive, or from a CD/DVD file.. I assume it will come as a CD/DVD file, and will work, but don't want to spend $450 AU, on something that won't work...

The link for the download information is here: http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Windows-Vista/compare/10198

Can anyone shed some light, I want to get it ASAP, but not waste my money..

Kind Regards
Me
 
Last edited:
Alternative suggestion for you....
Why not download Windows 7 RC instead......you'll get a year's use out of it for free? General opinion is that it's an improvement on Vista.

Salamat
 
Thanks, what is Windows 7 RC, I thought the Beta of Windows 7 was over?

I still need Vista anyway, for testing software I've developed on it...

Does anyone know the answer to my question about downloading Vista, I really want to download it today..

Kind Regards
Me
 
Back
Top