Installing Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by RussellS2, Aug 8, 2016.

1. RussellS2

RussellS2 Bit poster

Hi, I am struggling to install windows 10.
    I have an IMAC which was 10.6.8, which I upgraded with no apparent issues to El Capitan 10.11.6 at the start of the week. I installed Parallels 11. Launched Parallels and then set about installing Windows 10, and that is where the problems started.

I followed Parallels article 123364 How to install Windows 10 with Microsoft USB installation stick.
    Get to the Windows set up stage. There is an option to repair this computer, which I tried running a couple of times. States unable to fix.
    Repair this PC = system thread exception not handled (in the process it logged as Parallels Report ID 111498872)

If I ignore the repair option and go for set-up I get a Compatibility Report error (see image)

(N.B. I had an older version of parallels and windows XP installed which were removed at some point in the process, I forget exactly where)
    Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 07.12.12.png

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @RussellS2,
    If you are facing an issue with Windows 10 USB stick, please try downloading Windows 10 ISO image file as per the article.
    To create a Windows Virtual Machine with ISO image, please follow the article.
    To locate Windows XP existing virtual machine .pvm in your Mac try this steps mentioned.