Intermittent loss of internet connectivity Windows 8 on Parallels Mac 12

MargaretL

Bit poster
Hello, I am intermittently losing my internet connection on my Windows 8 VM in Desktop for Mac Parallels 12. The problem can be fixed with the trouble shooting utility - which says that the "default gateway is not available". This is happening a lot - every 10-15 minutes. How can I fix this?
 
Hi Arun, Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. I lost network connectivity again with the same issue. Best, Margaret
 
Hello Shathish,
The first task in this article is to reinstall Parallels. If I reinstall Parallels, do I need to uninstall first? If I uninstall or reinstall, do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1 and all my Windows software? Or when I reinstall, will it all be there without having to reinstall? I am concerned about losing my Windows applications in this process. Please advise.

Best, Margaret
 
A step-by-step guide on how to do this without losing my VM or my Windows software would be much appreciated. Best, Margaret
 
Hello Shathish,
I have completed the steps through Step 4 the first 3 bullet points. I do not know how to do the last bullet point for Step 4, "make sure that in Properties for Internet Protocol v4, Obtain IP and DNS automatically is selected instead of manual configuration". My setting is for Shared Network and I am using Airport wireless. I am still having the problem. Best, Margaret
 
Hello,
I was able to find the Protocol v4 settings, and they are set to automatic. The next step is to disable all firewall and anti-virus settings. I have no idea how to do this! Any advice? Thanks, Margaret
 
Hello @MargaretL Please follow the steps
  1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. Click on Windows Firewall.
  3. If the Windows Firewall is enabled, the Windows Firewall state will be On. To turn it off, in the left navigation pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
  4. In the Customize Settings window, select Turn off Windows Firewall and click OK and if you have any Antivirus installed, please open it and disable.
 
Hello Shathish, I still have the problem. The next step says to restore the default network settings in Parallels. It recommends saving the current network settings. What exactly should I document on the current network settings?
Best Regards,
Margaret
 
Back
Top