Internet Connection Not Working Anymore...

tomyknoker@

Bit poster
I don't use Parallels much but when I do it's always worked fine, however the internet connection has died for some reason, I was racking my brain to think of something I may have changed and I realised I changed my IP from "Using DHCP" to "Using DHCP with manual address" I assume making the computer have a fixed IP has somehow disabled internet in Parallels? If anyone can help would be greatly appreciated!
 
Hello,

kindly follow the below mentioned steps in order to resolve your issue :

a) On windows side click on start - > control panel - > add/remove programs - > from here remove the Parallels tools completely. Shut down Windows properly,restart the Mac.

b) After restarting Launch Parallels Desktop - > configure - > install Parallels Tools. Now Parallels Tools will be automatically installed.

After installing Parallels Tools - :

1. Go to System Preferences - > Sharing - > Internet and turn off Apple Internet sharing.
2. Please set Parallels Network Adapter to Shared networking.
3. In Windows please open Network Connections -> right-click LAN icon -> find Local Area
Connection properties -> select Internet Protocol
TCP/IP properties -> open General Tab and select Obtain IP and DNS server addresses
automatically check boxes.

Now please have check whether you are connecting to internet in Parallels.
 
Internet Connection problems

Well done for coming up with the solution to this problem!! I've had exactly the same problem and judging from the numerous postings on the forum...many other people too. Thanks goodness there is someone with brains....
 
My wifi (MacBookPro, early -08) worked fine under Vista with no additional actions. I removed Vista to install Windows 7 RC, which went fine, but now it can't find any network adapter = no connectivity. Any ideas????
 
Back
Top