Internet connection over wifi is severed when I open Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RandyS8, May 7, 2021.

1. RandyS8

RandyS8 Bit poster

Hi, I just downloaded and installed Parallels, and whenever I start the application, my Mac immediately loses internet connection (I'm using wifi, not ethernet). Internet connection is lost on both the mac side and windows side. I cannot get my free trial because I cannot connect to the internet.

Internet sharing under "sharing" preferences is disabled.

I have been searching through these forums for hours looking for a solution but I've only seen older posts with no concrete solutions.

2018 Macbook Pro, Big Sur 11.3.1

Thank you

2. AlexC23

AlexC23 Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem. Installed windows 10 insider preview ARM 22000 on parallels 17 on a Mac mini m1 Big Sur. The wifi connection for Mac OS and windows is broken. I can reconnect the Mac connection to wifi but windows will not see the wifi connection at all.

3. StephenM20

StephenM20 Bit poster

I am having exact same issue and exact same set up. I've searched everywhere even tried contacting support through Twitter no answer just crickets. The odd thing is is when I first implemented all this my windows 11 had Internet access and so did my Mac outside of the VM. But then overnight something must've happened when I went to go re-log on again the next day no Internet. I tried adjusting the network settings on the VM and eventually was able to get Internet flowing again for the VM but it's dead on my host MacBook. In addition as the others have indicated just bringing up the app kill my Internet . I hope somebody finds a fix soon. I am in a valuation mode I want to buy it but not if this is not fixed or support never responds. Please advise anyone please