Internet explorer 9/PD7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BinfordsTool, Sep 8, 2011.

1. BinfordsTool

BinfordsTool Junior Member

I'm trying to track down an annoying bug that I can't seem to figure out the root cause of.

[​IMG]
    Above is a side-by-side screenshot that shows the error with the website EMScharts.com rendering on the right. Go to it in your browser and you'll see how it should look. It worked great prior to the PD7 upgrade yesterday, and on multiple machines running IE9 the site comes up fine.

I've reset temp files, cookies, compability view caches, advanced settings, all settings, reinstalled ie9, reinstalled java, reinstalled flash, and disabled all addons with no help.

What makes it worse, it only happens on this website, and only with my virtual machine. Any idea if it could be a parallels-related error? What would cause such a rendering difference? I works in firefox/chrome under this Windows 7 Professional virtual machine...

It is very perplexing, though not a high priority.

2. johncarson

johncarson Bit poster

I am having similar problem with IE9 display after upgrade. Some websites -the entire page blinks two or three times while opening. I have tried most of the same fixes mentioned in your post. Nada.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, Early 2011

3. BinfordsTool

4. serv

serv Forum Maven

5. BinfordsTool

Must've missed that released, yes this also fixes the problem (and its nice to have OSX Snow Leopard-like full screen again!)

6. AmyStewart

AmyStewart Junior Member

Thanks for sharing the update. Been busy and was not able to have it on time but glad to have it now