Internet Explorer has quit working

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by FrankC8, Oct 23, 2017.

1. FrankC8

FrankC8 Bit poster

Internet Explorer has quit working. I have tried all the solutions found on the internet on this subject to no avail. I have also downloaded and installed a new copy of IE for Windows 7 32 bit and that does not fix the problem. What can I do ?

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello FrankC8, please follow as suggested below:
    1. Click on Start > type "msconfig" (without quotes) in the search field and press the Enter key.
    2. In the General. tab > Select "Selective startup".
    3. In 'Startup' and 'Services' Tabs tick 'Hide all Microsoft services' and Disable all non-Microsoft applications from the list, except Parallels.
    4. Click 'Apply' and 'OK'
    5. Restart the Windows and check the issue. Thanks!

3. FrankC8

FrankC8 Bit poster

Sorry to say
    Sorry to say, but that did not work.

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Then please try the alternative steps suggested below:

1.When Windows virtual machine is launched, enter Coherence view mode by going to View > Enter Coherence.

2.Launch Internet Explorer > right click the panel on top of it > disable Show tabs on a separate row option.

3.Exit Coherence and switch to your regular view mode and check if this helps. Thanks!

5. FrankC8

FrankC8 Bit poster

That
    That did work. Thanks ! Thanks very much. I have tried so many solutions I was about to give up !

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

7. ViolaR

ViolaR Bit poster

The same thing happened to me, and I went into the Network Preferences in my mac, got the IP address from Airport > Advanced > TCP/IP and then I went into my Parallel - Guest internet setting, changed the configure to Using DHCP with manual address, and entered the Airport IP address there. That fixed it for me, hope that helps you as well.
    Cheers,

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Thank you for sharing us this information. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

9. JessS

JessS Bit poster

I bought a new PC with Windows 7 last year with IE9 and suddenly 'Internet Explorer has stopped working' message has been popping up and its never happened before. I used to set the browser back to its default settings and it still came up. Found solution on here . Maybe it helps you too.

10. Hey, you didn't send a link for the solution.
    Could you add it please?