Hello,
my situation is the following: For a couple of months I have been using a WiMAX internet connection. Unfortunately, the driver only works in Windows, so I installed it there and used Parallels Desktop 5 to feed internet from the VM to Mac. From the Mac OS I shared this internet connection in order to access internet from other computers and hand-held devices (iPod touch).
This all worked rather well.
Then I decided to finally give in to the update reminder and let PD5 install the latest build. The installation of the update as such worked fine, but PD crashed during the install of Parallels Tools. I restarted PD, and at first it seemed to work fine.
However, it didn't feed internet to the Mac anymore. A fast search reveiled that the Virtual Adapters had disappeared from the Mac Network preferences. The PD preferences, however, told me that they should be shown (I had it checked). I un-checked and re-checked it a couple of times, to no avail.
Only after I did the same for shared networks it worked, and the Adapters reappeared on the Mac.
And now the funny thing: Skype (in Mac) could connect to the internet. Dropbox couldn't. I launched Safari, and it could not connect either.
However, all devices that are connected to the Mac can share its internet connection! Both a Windows PC and my iPod can connect to the Mac wifi and use the internet connection provided by the VM. As I said, so can Skype under Mac OS, whereas the browsers can't.
Can anybody tell me where to look? Why can Skype use it and Safari can't?
Thanks a lot for your help!
anbeck
my situation is the following: For a couple of months I have been using a WiMAX internet connection. Unfortunately, the driver only works in Windows, so I installed it there and used Parallels Desktop 5 to feed internet from the VM to Mac. From the Mac OS I shared this internet connection in order to access internet from other computers and hand-held devices (iPod touch).
This all worked rather well.
Then I decided to finally give in to the update reminder and let PD5 install the latest build. The installation of the update as such worked fine, but PD crashed during the install of Parallels Tools. I restarted PD, and at first it seemed to work fine.
However, it didn't feed internet to the Mac anymore. A fast search reveiled that the Virtual Adapters had disappeared from the Mac Network preferences. The PD preferences, however, told me that they should be shown (I had it checked). I un-checked and re-checked it a couple of times, to no avail.
Only after I did the same for shared networks it worked, and the Adapters reappeared on the Mac.
And now the funny thing: Skype (in Mac) could connect to the internet. Dropbox couldn't. I launched Safari, and it could not connect either.
However, all devices that are connected to the Mac can share its internet connection! Both a Windows PC and my iPod can connect to the Mac wifi and use the internet connection provided by the VM. As I said, so can Skype under Mac OS, whereas the browsers can't.
Can anybody tell me where to look? Why can Skype use it and Safari can't?
Thanks a lot for your help!
anbeck