invalid activation key

petew

Bit poster
Have been running 3170 with fair results, had problems with hard ware detection, so I decided to upgrade to 3.0, what a mistake! Activation key worked fine on the original 3170. Activated the new 3.0 software great I thought, then i was asked to activate the 3170 with the activation code that had work well before, low and behold a message came up that it was an invalid activation key. spooky! well what do i do now, ring customer support! three days later after many phone calls i have not got through.Any one any ideas on this
petew
 
Hello,

as you know, 3170 is a build of PD 2.x. So if you want to have PD 3.x you should buy a new key.
You can either upgrade your existing Parallels Desktop installation (any version will do) or install Parallels Desktop 3.0 from scratch. If you are an upgrade user, Parallels Desktop 3.0 will ask you to provide the activation key for the previous version after installing Parallels Desktop 3.0 from scratch.

Best regards,
Stacey
 
invalid key

hi stacey
thanks for replying to me problem. i have taken all the steps to upgrade parallels. 3170 was a previous installation. it was working fine. used the same activation key, no worries
problem stated after the upgrade. this was purchased from the apple store. the activation key worked fine with the upgrade. but when i tried the activation key for the second part, the key for 3170, thats when the problem started. it did not recognise the 3170 key that had worked fine before the upgrade
petew
 
Hello,

there can be a problem with versions of your keys.
You can send me your keys via PM and I will ask our OrderSupport if there is a problem with keys.

Best regards,
Stacey
 
hi stacey
i have decided to go out and buy the full version, at present im trying to set it up. thank you very much for your help.
petew
 
Hello,

aik, yes, of course you can send me your key via PM and I will ask OrderSupport.

Best regards,
Stacey
 
Hi Stacey

I hope u dont mind but i'm having the same problem..

i've PM'd you the details

Paul
 
Hi Stacey, I'm having the same problem too and I also sent you my activation keys. Please help.
 
I have to re-open this thread: I tryed to activate from 3188 to 5582, and had the same problem! Unfortunately I buyed the en upgrade version and had an de version installed (3188)..but this can't realy be the problem...or?
Can anyone help me?
(Pleas excuse my bad english)
 
Same Problem

Hallo,

I have the same problem. I purchased the upgrade on your homepage. I got my previous version from Gravis Store Germany when I bought my Mac Book. And now Parallels says the activation key of my former Parallels is invalid. Please help me. I need my VM. I have very important business software on it. And soon I'll get in trouble.

Thanks
 
Hello,

there can be a problem with versions of your keys.
You can send me your keys via PM and I will ask our OrderSupport if there is a problem with keys.

Best regards,
Stacey



Hello,
I too have a problem with this. I left you a PM, and perhaps I can get help too...? :)

Kind regards, Thomas Andersen
 
Back
Top