iOS client on shared devices.

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by icoleman.uk, May 8, 2014.

1. icoleman.uk

icoleman.uk Member

We have a few iPads which we intend to be multi-user (shared) devices. The 2X client for iOS (and probably Android) isn't really very multi-user friendly. It's required that the user goes into the connection settings to change the username and there is no option to prevent users from storing passwords. Client policies only seem to affect Windows clients.

I've seen several other threads and I've posted before but any requests/suggestions regarding this seem to be instantly shot-down.

Please seriously consider the following suggestions, they will benefit multiple customers as well as myself who are becoming frustrated with being ignored.

1. Give the mobile apps the option to be able to prompt for username at connection.

2. Improve the client policy functionality so that it applies to other clients and not just the Windows client (Mobile OS, Mac, Linux etc.)

Thank you.

Iain.

2. maria.zammit

maria.zammit Bit poster

Thanks for your input. I agree with your point and will submit this as a feature requires to our development team.

3. maria.zammit

maria.zammit Bit poster

i have discussed your post with my colleague and found out that this has already been submitted to our development team as a feature request however development are still investigating a way how to implement these new features

4. icoleman.uk

icoleman.uk Member

Thanks Maria, that's good to know.