What is wrong with Parallels?
I have Parallels on Leopard. Windows XP Pro as guest. The Network adapter for Windows is Sharing as recommended and in Windows XP, the network adapter is configured using DHCP. In the Mac System Preferences->, the IP address was 10.211.55.2 with a mask of 255.255.255.0. But after I reboot the Mac, the IP address in the Mac System Preferences->Network changeds to a different IP address, something like 169.254.159.158 with the mask 255.255.0.0. and it says this "Parallels NAT has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect". What the hell is going on? My XP can't go on to the internet! I spend lot of time trying to figure out to no avail, can someone please help.
I really regret buying Parallels, it's a waste of time and money, so tired of it. Should have gone for VMWare Fusion instead.
I have Parallels on Leopard. Windows XP Pro as guest. The Network adapter for Windows is Sharing as recommended and in Windows XP, the network adapter is configured using DHCP. In the Mac System Preferences->, the IP address was 10.211.55.2 with a mask of 255.255.255.0. But after I reboot the Mac, the IP address in the Mac System Preferences->Network changeds to a different IP address, something like 169.254.159.158 with the mask 255.255.0.0. and it says this "Parallels NAT has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect". What the hell is going on? My XP can't go on to the internet! I spend lot of time trying to figure out to no avail, can someone please help.
I really regret buying Parallels, it's a waste of time and money, so tired of it. Should have gone for VMWare Fusion instead.