iPad pro will not show iMac Screen when connected, iPad shows black screen with timer

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Warren3, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Warren3

Warren3 Bit poster

I use Access version 7.0 on my iPad pro to access my iMac Retina 2020 Intel Core i7 with Monterey 12.1 and Parallels 17. I can connect to the iMac with the iPad and see the shortcut icons on the iPad. I can select a program from the shortcut menu on the iPad, and I can see it open on the iMac, however all I see on the iPad is a black screen with a timer. I have had the same issue for 4 months and have been in contact with Parallels technical support for that time, without success. I can confirm that "Screen Recording" is allowed in settings for all Parallels products and that Firewall allows incoming connections. Any ideas on a fix

2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly refer to the below steps and KB article to fix the Black screen when connecting to a remote computer.
    1. please refer to this KB article.
    2. Uninstall Parallels Access from your remote computer completely.
    3. Download a fresh copy of Parallels Access from this website; https://www.parallels.com/products/access/get-started/
    4. Install a fresh copy of Parallels Access on your remote computer.
    5. Make sure the remote computer should be set to never sleep mode.