Is there a licensing key expiration date?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RancilM, Nov 4, 2021.

1. RancilM

RancilM Bit poster

Hi, I would like to purchase an annual subscription upgrade key, given my current subscription have not yet expired. I'd like to know is there an expiration date for the upgrade key that I might purchase? if there is, what is the validation period? If there isn't, that means I can keep the key as long as I start to use it?Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thx in advanced

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @RanilM, if you purchase an Upgrade key it will expire in 1 year if not renewed. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. ErnoT

ErnoT Bit poster

Hi @GampaA@Parallels - would the app stop working totally or would it revert to business edition until a pro license is renewed for example?

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, you can only upgrade from a standard edition license to a pro edition license. Please let us know currently which edition of Parallels Desktop your are using.

5. ErnoT

ErnoT Bit poster

@DebasmitaM@Parallels thx, I'm currently trialing the Mac Desktop version. Considering getting the Pro Edition license and wondering after expiration what edition it will revert to until new a new license renewed.
    Or will the app totally cease working until any new license is purchased.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, after the trail period you need to purchase a license key and activate it. Then only you will be able to use Parallels Desktop.