Is there any way to not keep getting the Parallels Shared Folders put on the desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by aidan, Oct 3, 2010.

1. aidan

aidan Member

I was really please to see the isolate my Mac option, but I still keep getting the Parallels Shared Folders shortcut put on the desktop every time Tools installs or upgrades.

This is a massive pain as I have many VMs on a number of Macs running Parallels. I don't want the PC to have any access to the host machines and I don't want this annoying shortcut that doesn't do anything on all the desktops. So every time I upgrade I have to log into the whole lot and delete them all again.

Please, if the PC is set to isolated, don't put that shortcut on the desktop (or at least give us an option to not have it).

Thanks.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

The "Isolate Mac from Windows" option is supposed to "disable all integration features, including Shared Folders, Shared Profile, Shared Applications, SmartMount, etc."

The Parallels Shared Folders shortcut will show that \\psf is empty when the Isolate option is selected so the PC will not have access to the host machine. That's the important part.

The icon on the desktop is not important but I can see that it might be annoying. Windows has options to show desktop icons for My Computer, My Network Places, etc, so Parallels should have a similar option.