ISO problem with Parallels 7 and Win7

RichardDennet

Bit poster
[Solved] ISO problem with Parallels 7 and Win7

Hello,

I'm trying to install a fresh Windows 7 on Parallels 7. I select the ISO file I have, enter my key and the install begins normally until Windows tells me that it can't find the image file...

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Screenshot please, if Windows says it can't find the ISO file that means it's already running from the ISO.
 
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. About Window using the image: that's what I thought too, but for some reason the system hangs at this screen.

screen.jpg
 
Something's wrong with that ISO.

This is a valid selection screen (not all variants of Win7 display this selection screen):
Step2.jpg


In the 'Windows Product Key' Screen:

4.png


First, I suggest that try one time with selecting and and another with deselecting the checkbox at the bottom that says 64-bit Windows version and see if you get the same error.

If you still get the same problem then I suggest you try the advanced installation by deselecting the 'Express Install' checkbox at the top of this screen.
 
Thanks.

The 64bit option isn't there, but I unchecked the express installation box. My guess is that Parallels was trying to upgrade by default, instead of installing a fresh version.

It's installing now, so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks!
 
No, I don't think it was trying to upgrade. Express Installation is just a front-end Parallels created for Windows Unattended Installation, which is basically a file will all the options chosen so it doesn't require any user input, normally used by OEMs/IT depts. for running multiple installations. My guess is that this Windows 7 ISO is somewhat different from most Windows 7 disk images and has a few options that Express Installation doesn't cover or is somewhat incompatible.
 
Back
Top