Issue with USB on Wake on Macbook Pro and Parallels 8

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by VinhTr, Oct 21, 2012.

1. VinhTr

VinhTr Bit poster

I've been searching around to see if there's a solution this. Not sure if it's a configuration issue with how I have Parallels set up.

When I wake my Mac from sleep, The USB seems to cut off right after it wakes. The Mac is usually closed and I'm using a Logitech Unifying Keyboard and mouse on a single receiver. I know it's working initially as it wakes the computer, but after it wakes. I have to usually unplug the receiver and then plug back in. The only thing I have running on OSX is Parallels. I can't seem to consistently reproduce this either. It happens at least once a day.

System
    Macbook Pro 15" with Retina
    Parallels 8.0.181.01
    OSX 10.8.2
    Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1

Logitech MX Anywhere Notebook Mouse
    Logitexh Unifying keyboard

Thanks!

2. CleverCoder

CleverCoder Bit poster

I have very similar issues. I have an Apple Cinema display with a keyboard attached that I connect in the morning. On occasion (about once a week, or more), the keyboard doesn't work. Sometimes I see the Parallels prompt to choose how to use the USB device (which doesn't respond and is frozen), and sometimes switching to the other USB port solves the issue. Most of the time I am forced to perform a hard reset of my MacBook Pro. It seems something very deep in the kernel gets "stuck". I actually missed an important email this morning as a result of the time it takes to deal with this issue. I hope they fix it soon.

Setup:
    MacBook Pro 15" (No retina, i7, 16GB RAM)
    Latest Parallels (updated yesterday)
    OSX 10.7.5
    Guest: Windows 8

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013