Issue with Windows 10 licenses

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PatrickG6, Sep 19, 2017.

1. PatrickG6

PatrickG6 Bit poster

Hi,

I tried to call the Support line several times but no one answered.

I am have a issue with Windows 10 and installing it, we know it's a issue with the key but we're trying to find out why and how to avoid this in the future. So we bought some Windows 10 licenses online at a webshop, when we tried them they didn't work and had to buy other ones.

Can you tell me why this happend, how we can avoid it, and with license are valid to install.

Kind regards,
    Patrick

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @PatrickG6 ,

I believe you might have downloaded the wrong Windows 10 ISO image file. Please click on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 to download Windows 10 ISO and select version as just "Windows 10" (Not Windows 10 N single Language or Windows 10 Pro or others) and once the file is downloaded then follow the steps provided at http://kb.parallels.com/4729 to install Windows 10 virtual machine and check if it works

Hope it Helps
    Thanks
    Alfena

3. PatrickG6

PatrickG6 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply, I understand. But what is the best place/webshop/webstore to buy the licenses?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PatrickG6, you can purchase Windows 10 using Parallels Desktop interface. Visit the article below for more information.
    How do I get Windows 10 to run in a virtual machine?
    Or you can purchase it directly from Microsoft official website:
    Buy Windows 10 Home
    Buy Windows 10 Pro
    Note: visit this page if you need help to choose Windows 10 edition: Home or Pro.
    If you want to buy any other version of Windows or do not have Windows installation disc or .iso disk image at all, please visit Microsoft Online Store or online retailers such as Amazon.