Issues moving Linux VMs to new mac

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by EricB3, Dec 27, 2016.

1. EricB3

EricB3 Bit poster

I have a MAC with two separate hard disks. The second is where I have my pvms and it is on a mount /Volumes/Disk2/.
    I recently got a new laptop with the same space but on a single drive. I have copied my pvm files to the new machine and placed them under Documents. The Windows VMs are fine with this but the linux VMs all boot to an BIOS screen with message about no boot device. I have tried to change the boot device by following the instructions I found to first disconnect drive from settings, exiting VM config, exiting Parallels, restarting Parallels, change config's hard disk to the .hdd in the new directory but no luck so far.
    I even tried to create a symlink in /Volumes of Disk2 pointing to the directory where I have the pvms so the directory path remains the same as before. This did cause all the icons in my parallels Desktop Control Center to revert from question marks but still, linux will not boot (These are Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 images).
    Any ideas? I have have external and NAS space available I can use for transport but I have not found any instructions other then just copying the pvm files which has not worked for me.

Thanks in advance.
    ---
    MACs - latest sierra updates
    Parallels - v12.1.1 (41491)