Issues with installed programs in Windows 7 VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Rory Michael, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Rory Michael

Rory Michael Bit poster

I migrated my Windows 7 onto my Macbook Pro earlier this week. The programs I wish to run through Parallels were already installed on my Windows laptop, and I left these installed and were included in the migration.

However, when I try to run one of the programs (AutoCad) now, it will not run. The first pop up with the AutoCad logo come up, but then the whole Application disappears, with no processes running either.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rory

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

This app may require reinstallation - it is the fastest way to solve this problem. If you don't have installation media for Autocad i suggest you to contact AutoCad support and request a download link.

3. Rory Michael

Rory Michael Bit poster

I should have said, I have reinstalled twice. It was obviously the first thing I attempted. The same problem occurs.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

This may happen due to hardware change - Autocad may recognise the change of hardware and is not starting due to license limitation. I suggest you to contact Autocad support to verify this point. In case it is not connected with license validation - go straight to Parallels support at www.parallels.com/support/ and provide them with Problem report ID from Help menu > Report a Problem

5. siju A

siju A Banned

I think problem on migration. If migrate the OS into a windows machine it will work properly but if you migrate it to MAC then it might not be work properly. My suggestion is reinstall in your MAC OS.[​IMG]

6. YanaYana

YanaYana

Please don't follow such dramatic suggestion - issue is not connected with Mac OS and it's reinstallation wouldn't affect it at all. It is either something has been corrupted during migration or hardware change - as i said before